Thursday 14 February 2013

Oscar De La Renta Fall 2013 at New York Fashion Week


Though John Galliano was nowhere in sight, it is learnt that he was  in the back stage, assisting Oscar de la Renta with the finishing  touches for his Fall Winter 2013 collection before it was presented at  the New York Fashion Week on Tuesday. The influence of John Galliano’s signature styling was very much visible from the very first look, be it cloche hat topping, greasy eye make-up or a cinched in waist reminding of Dior's classic Bar silhouette.



“I think John is one of the most talented men I’ve ever met. I like him very much," Oscar de la Renta had told New York Magazine of John Galliano. "So when Anna asked me if I would have John in my studio, I  said yes. I also believe that everyone should have a second chance, especially someone as talented as John. And he has worked so hard on his recovery.”



The collection was a riot of bright colours and had a strong vintage feel to it. Peplum, bubble sleeves, hooded capes, gossamer gloves in different colours, silk faille adorned with rich gold bullion embroidery in a colour palette of shocking pink and mulberry, crystals, organza and chiffon were some of the highlights  of this collection.












































 




  










(Image Courtesy - style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment